My Lousy Realization

Earlier while my students were recollecting their unembodied soul's knowledge and perfection (as Plato had theorized/concluded) via an essay examination, I was on my introspection moments. I suddenly started sketching on the black board geometrical shapes, which has lead me to further understanding and explanation on my very own geometrical/mathematical model of Sigmund Freud's and Carl Jung's Unconcious theories and of at the same time opened me yet to another realization.




Fredrick "Fritz" Perls has always believed and affirmed in his Gestalt therapy Gestalt Psychology's infamous line "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts" which means that the summation of individual parts/elements that make up the whole isn't as important as the whole.


A person must not be looked down or elevated with reference to indvidual elements of a person (disposition, physical traits, emotional-personal, social characteristics), but must be acknowledged and appreciated as a whole human being who is basically good.


But mathematically speaking, the statement is incorrect because the whole is not greater than the sum of its parts but rather equal to the sum of this parts as illustrated below. 



I guess this late realization is kind of lousy. I am so lousy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...