Freedom

When I was in college, a Psychology Society officer asked me make a T-shirt design for the Psychology Society semester T-shirt and I kinda drafted this, but I have decided on not using this for the tee design because this art is really personal. It's my projection of the freedom that I was deprived of. Its been really quite long until I realized what freedom really is and I am kinda happy now. I'm not telling that I am free now, it's just that I found another definition of the word. According to Lydia Sicher freedom is "a matter of conviction" and an attitude towards the self within this cosmos that we are living. The moment we see our self as an integral part of this universe, and actively playing a role in society,which Alfred Adler calls social interest or social feeling, then that per se is freedom. And great freedom always goes with great responsibility.


"Individuation requires exercise of responsibility for responsibility for oneself and, as a functioning entity within the extrapersonal entity of the world, co-responsibility for the welfare of others. Freedom is an ethical outlook on life. The free person knows that he is his brother Abel's keeper; the person at liberty proves--in most cases, at least--that he has not violated moral laws of his society through he may not have kept the ethical laws inherent in the community of man." - Lydia Sicher

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...