Nothing Is Ever Easier

The other day I have been ranting about not finding the way to do blog to blog migration and then found it.


After having proclaimed over Facebook that never will I think about blog exporting again. Regardless of the changes I have made in this wp blog, I don't think I will ever be satisfied until I find a way to have my wp xml exported to Tumblr or Blogger. Unfortunately, this offered me no hope for Tumblr.



The answer is a resounding NO. For one big reason - I cannot migrate my content to Tumblr.

And this is really disappointing.


Wordpress has done me great, and I am really happy with it. but I have one problem, it has so many features I think I am so finding them complicating my already complicated life. Tumblr on the other hand is, to be honestly speaking, not so advanced as wp and other blog hosts, but has a simple interface. And I am loving the simplicity and easiness of it. I do have my tumblelog, but I wanna export my blogs too.


Then I tried blog2blog migration tool to transfer my wp posts to Blogger, but all I get is "Connection to BloggerDesest Failed." and it's even frustrating than not having found a way to all these.2


I tried Blogger Import tool too, however It only works for Blogger to Blogger transfer, and it's twice the frustration.


Meanwhile, milling about at the back of my head are thoughts I cannot deny. One is why do I have to complicate my life when I have all I need in Wordpress. Secondly, there is always an option to omit all my widgets and use a simplier theme. And lastly, nothing is ever easier in this world.


I am such a douchebag.



Share

3 comments:

ggw_bach

I recently did a wordpress to wordpress migration ... went very smoothly. The actual files only took up 3.5mb (text is cheap) and was very fast. No inconsistencies. But going from one platform to another ... yeah, could be probs there.

tumblr is nice though ... it is getting a lot of attention. Next big thing after twitter?

jeelchristine

That's my biggest problem now, and I hope to find solutions on this.

Tumblr could probably be the next big thing. I never thought about that though.

Problem Unsolved « katharsis..

[...] 2009 June 13 by jeelchristine Previously I have been blogging about my blog import problems and I have been trying to condition my self to be patient and find a way somehow. After having [...]

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...