Slumber Hours

null
painting taken from Yessy Art Gallery



as i entered the house of the haunted
i knew that my hours have ended
to woe the promise he has hated
towards the gossamer that he has painted
on the canvas he spilled his blood
to summon the dead through its cup
and i stood there as he looked at me
i smiled at him but he dared not to see
the vows we've made, he has forgotten
the memories we've shared he has abandoned
i felt like crying but tears didnt fall
i might as well go and leave it all
my time on earth has passed
but before my slumber, he asked
whether promises are really meant
or our last time together cannot be spent
i love him and he loves me too
but there are things that neither of us can do
we cannot bear destiny's cruelty towards us
but even so, nobody can separate us
not death of life itself
because in this slumber hours
his heart and mine only crave for one another
as he will bring me back to life
from the world of the others
together we'll wake ones again
holding hands, we'll live our vows together ones again
the fulfillment of our dreams is at hand
nothing and no one will bind us from this band
because of the power i have vested in it
it will never separate us, forever
yet, he has lost all his strenght to fight it..
the foul smell of the creosote
is penetrating into my pale skin
this is indeed the end of our time
this is what's left in me, my slumber hours,
our forever broken vows..

© 2007 | jeelchristine poems



Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...