Moving from Blog To Blog

Lately I have been wondering about exporting this wordpress blog to another host like Tumblr or Blogger. Snipplr made the best solution I could find in the internet. Unfortunately Tumblr API did not work for me as expected.


On the other hand, I found out possibly easier ways to export wordpress blog to blogger/blogpost. This blog offers  applications for blog to blog transfer. Now I am about to try installing any of the following suggestions and see how it goes.


However, there are  downsides upon successful blog to blog transfer. Quoted below are among them:





  1. Only 50 posts can be imported in 24 hours

  2. Tags and categories cannot be imported

  3. Comments are lost; and in cases where comments can be imported the commentator is displayed as the person who imported the posts

  4. Blogs after getting imported will not display original Multiple Authors, it will only display single name

  5. You will lose your pagerank

  6. You will have to start everything else all over again



Share

3 comments:

Nothing Is Ever Easier « @jeelchristine

[...] Wordpress by jeelchristine The other day I have been ranting about not finding the way to do blog to blog  migration and then found [...]

Problem Unsolved « katharsis..

[...] been trying to condition my self to be patient and find a way somehow. After having proclaimed how Blog2Blog migration turned me down on many occassions, it also worked on one instant which made me really [...]

Possible Solution to my Blog2Blog Migration Problem « katharsis..

[...] what I have blogged previously, there is a limitation to every blog to blog transfer, and among them which I quoted from [...]

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...